1. Protecting your personal information
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us when you visit www.marmaladecollective.com or interact with us via mobile app or other digital service, by phone, in person, or through written forms will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand how and why we are collecting or processing personal data about you.
Personal information refers to information or opinions about, or from a person who is identified, or who can reasonably be identified from that information. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the confidentiality of the information we collect, store and disclose.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Marmalade Ventures Ltd (“we”, “our” and “us”), a company incorporated in England and Wales under company registration number 12224966. Our registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU, United Kingdom.
2. Why we collect information
We collect, process and store personal information for a variety of reasons, including to provide our services, provide more effective responses to requests, improvement of the services we provide, customising your experience, maintaining security, maintaining business records for audits and reporting obligations and compliance with legal or regulatory requirements.
3. Information we collect
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or mobile app or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you apply for our services, subscribe to our newsletter and provide feedback to us.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your location, your login information, browser/ app type and version, device type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the pages on, through and from our website that your visit (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
4. How we use information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods, services, opportunities or events that may be of interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to protect our business and keep our website safe and secure.
5. Protecting and disclosing information
We only share personal data with trusted partners for the purpose, or related purpose it was collected. We also create anonymous data from the personal data we collect. We will never pass on your information to a third party for marketing purposes.
If our business is sold, we will transfer your data to the purchaser because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. When requested or required, we may be obliged to share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Marmalade Ventures Ltd, our customers, or others.
We use external organisations to provide maintenance, hosting and database management services to us and some are outside the European Economic Area. Your information will only be shared with third parties who have a commitment to maintaining security and confidentiality and only in connection with our services.
6. Retaining information
We will hold on to your information only for as long as necessary, after which we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it.
Where you are only receiving technical or marketing information from us, we will store your contact details until you unsubscribe, or withdraw your consent to receive these communications from us. Please keep in mind that very limited details (your email address) may be retained by us in accordance with data protection law to ensure we don’t contact you again.
Where you provide information in connection with reporting a problem with our service, we will store any such information for as long as reasonably required to fix such a problem and prevent any future occurrences.
Where you contact us and we keep a record of that correspondence we will keep that for as long as is reasonably required.
We take all reasonable steps to keep your information secure with appropriate safeguards, including password protection and controlled access, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Access to information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your information is accurate and you are entitled to access the information we hold about you. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like to exercise your rights under data protection law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use the information collected to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) some parts of our website may become inaccessible or not function properly.
Last updated: 4 March 2022