- Nigella Spotlighted “Africana” by Lerato Umah-Shaylor: A Cookbook of Africa's Treasured Recipes via Nigella
- African Artists Pabi Cooper, Ch'cco, Teni, and Odumodublvck in the spotlight at FC Barcelona via Yomzansi
- Tems Returns with "Me & U" her First Solo Since 2021's "If Orange Was A Place” via OkayAfrica
- Bose Ogulu Honoured with '2023 History Maker Award' at Best of Africa Awards, London via BellaNaija
- Ethiopian-based Etan Comics Unites 24 African Creators in Exciting Anthology 'Long Distance.' via OkayAfrica
- Joakim Noah, Hennessy Ambassador, Reveals Vibrant VGC, Lagos Basketball Court Revitalisation Globally via BellaNaija
- Kenyan Photographer Thandiwe Muriu’s Paris Exhibition with Vivid Camouflaged Art via Colossal
Get these stories delivered to your inbox
Join 3,000+ subscribers and get our 5-min weekly newsletter on the best stories and global news on Africa(ns).
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Now, on to the real peel...
Nigella Spotlighted “Africana” by Lerato Umah-Shaylor: A Cookbook of Africa's Treasured Recipes
Renowned TV celebrity and chef Nigella, spotlighted the “Africana” cookbook by Lerato Umah-Shaylor on their website and social media channels. The book offers diverse recipes like Juicy Berbere Meatballs and Hibiscus Chocolate Orange Cake, showcasing Africa's culinary heritage. The book's focus on flexibility in cooking is a testament to its rich culinary education, making it a must-read for food enthusiasts seeking a taste of Africa's culinary heritage.
African Artists Pabi Cooper, Ch'cco, Teni, and Odumodublvck in the spotlight at FC Barcelona
Spotify and FC Barcelona have partnered for R5.9 million to create a global music hub at Camp Nou, featuring African artists like Pabi Cooper, Ch'cco, Teni, and Odumodublvck. The partnership includes jersey sponsorships and naming rights to Camp Nou, promoting a unique fusion of music and sports. The "Barça African Connect Playlist" features tracks enjoyed by players with African heritage.
Tems Returns with "Me & U" her First Solo Since 2021's "If Orange Was A Place”
Nigerian artist Tems has released her latest single, "Me & U" following her EP "If Orange Was A Place" The track showcases her songwriting and production skills, with a Malta-shot music video. The track explores self-discovery and spirituality, reflecting Tems' personal journey. With a GRAMMY Award and Academy Award nomination, Tems is a rising star in the industry with a promising future.
Bose Ogulu Honoured with '2023 History Maker Award' at Best of Africa Awards, London
Nigerian businesswoman and talent manager Bose Ogulu, also known as Mama Burna, received the "History Maker Award 2023" at the Best of Africa Awards in London. She also delivered a keynote speech on "Legacy" at the event, attended by notable figures from sports, fashion, and music. This award recognises achievements within the African and Pan-African community.
Ethiopian-based Etan Comics Unites 24 African Creators in Exciting Anthology 'Long Distance.'
Etan Comics founder Beserat Debebe has launched a Pan-African comic book anthology, "Long Distance," featuring over 24 African creators. The project aims to empower African kids with positive narratives about African history and culture. Debebe funded the project using Kickstarter, recognising its importance for independent comic publishers. The anthology has gained attention due to the growing demand for authentic African comic book stories.
Joakim Noah, Hennessy Ambassador, Reveals Vibrant VGC, Lagos Basketball Court Revitalisation Globally
Hennessy has partnered with NBA legend Joakim Noah to launch their "In the Paint" initiative, a revitalised basketball court in Lagos, Nigeria, featuring vibrant artwork by Osa Seven. The partnership hopes to inspire and unite communities worldwide, celebrating urban culture and bringing about creativity, while showcasing local talent and Hennessy's commitment to responsible corporate citizenship.
Kenyan Photographer Thandiwe Muriu’s Paris Exhibition with Vivid Camouflaged Art
Thandiwe Muriu, a Kenyan photographer, questions the concept of disposability in her exhibition, "You Thought You Could Throw Me Away," at 193 Gallery in Paris. Her striking portraits blend her into kaleidoscopic backdrops using everyday materials like recycled eyewear and accessories from Kenya. Muriu reimagines portraiture and modern womanhood while challenging notions of value. The exhibition runs from October 14 to December 30.
If you enjoy reading this newsletter, Forward To A Friend and let them know they can also subscribe for free via this link
Song of the Week
Discover the best afrocentric experiences in London 🇬🇧 From concerts, nightlife, culture, pop-ups, supper clubs and plenty more...We’ve got you covered! Here's a selection of events and experiences happening this week...
- 06-20 Oct | Ekomo Art Exhibition: Celebrating the Rhythms of Africa
- 09-29 Oct | René Tavares Debut Solo Exhibition (FREE)
- 10 Oct | African Dance With Nii Boye
- 10 Oct | Tay Iwar at Scala
- 12 Oct | Kwame Yeboah at Jazz re:freshed
- 12-15 Oct | The Beat Goes On (FREE)
- 12-15 Oct | 1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair
- 13 Oct | Aya Nakamura - Live in Concert
- 13 Oct | House of Afro: Afrobeats x Dancehall x Amapiano
- 14 Oct | Tom Moutchi and Friends
- 15 Oct | Fela Kuti's Birthday at The Jazz Cafe
The Ultimate Lifestyle Membership
Experience a unique membership that gives you access to premium Afrocentric content and experiences such as curated events, restaurant openings, exhibitions, supper clubs and more.Become a paid member 🎉
Anything else? Hit reply to send us feedback or say hello. You can also follow us on our social media platforms @marmaladecollective
Apply to join our invite-only Collective! Connect with like-minded creators and influencers who want to create, earn and grow together — apply here